Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Shiv Nadar University, Gautam Buddh Nagar offers a four-year Bachelor of Engineering Program in Computer Science and Engineering. The program is designed to meet the Program Outcomes as identified by Washington Accord given as:
1. Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the conceptualization of engineering models.
2. Identify, formulate, research literature and solve complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics and engineering sciences.
3. Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design systems, components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering tools, including prediction and modeling, to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
6. Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
7. Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
8. Demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering practice.
9. Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
10. Understand the impact of engineering solutions in a societal context and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
11. Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of management and business practices, such as risk and change management, and understand their limitations.
12. Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning.
Program Educational Objectives: Graduating Students of BE program of Computer Science and Engineering will be able to:
1. Specify, design, and develop software systems for various computing platforms, which behave reliably and efficiently, and satisfy all the requirements defined by the customer.
2. Specify, design, and develop system software to allow convnient and efficient use of computing systems.
3. Evaluate, select, and use appropriate computing environment (languages, operating systems, and other software tools) to meet the computing needs of various disciplines.
4. Develop software for intelligent systems.
5. Develop application software systems for the management of information and data in organizations.
6. Work in a team using common tools and environments to achieve project objectives.
7. Recognize their professional and personal responsibility to the community.
8. Pursue life-long learning as a means of enhancing the knowledge and skills necessary to contribute to the betterment of their profession and community.