Dr. Sonia Khetarpaul is Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Shiv Nadar University. She obtained her Ph.D degree in Computer Science from IIT Delhi in 2017. She received her M.Tech. degree in Information Technology from GGSIP University, Delhi. She has 14 years of experience in teaching and research. She has taught various courses in Computer Science and focused on Database Systems. Her research interests span broad area of data analytics, particular focus on querying and mining spatio-temporal data, social networks data, trajectory data mining, graph mining, etc.
Research Interests: Databases, Querying and mining Spatio-Temporal Data, Social Network Analysis, and Information Retrieval
Teaching Interests: DBMS, Computer Organization, Operating System, Object Oriented programming using Java, Information Retrieval
- Sonia Khetarpaul, S. K. Gupta, and L. Venkata Subramaniam. Mining Optimal Meeting Points for Moving Users in Spatiotemporal space. Social Network Analysis and Mining, 68(1), Springer (2018): 50.
- Sonia Khetarpaul, S. K. Gupta, and L. Venkata Subramaniam. Spatiotemporal social (STS) data model: correlating social networks and spatiotemporal data. Social Network Analysis and Mining, 6 (1), Springer (2016): 81.
- Sonia Khetarpaul, S. K. Gupta, Shikhar Malhotra, and L. Venkata Subramaniam. Correlating Social Interconnections of Users with Spatio-Temporal Check-ins Behavior. In Proceedings of the 11th International Workshop on Spatial and Spatiotemporal Data Mining (SSTDM16) in Cooperation with IEEE ICDM 2016.
- Sonia Khetarpaul, S. K. Gupta, Shikhar Malhotra, and L. Venkata Subramaniam. Bus Arrival Time Prediction Using a Modified Amalgamation of Fuzzy Clustering and Neural Network on Spatio-Temporal Data. In Australasian Database Conference, Springer International Publishing, 2015.
- Sonia Khetarpaul, S. K. Gupta, and L. Venkata Subramaniam. Analyzing Travel Patterns for Scheduling in a Dynamic Environment. In Availability, Reliability, and Security in Information Systems and HCI, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2013.
- Sonia Khetarpaul, S. K. Gupta, L. Venkat Subramaniam, and Ullas Nambiar. Mining GPS traces to recommend common meeting points. In Proceedings of the 16th International Database Engineering & Applications Symposium, ACM, 2012.
- Sonia Khetarpaul, Rashmi Chauhan, S. K. Gupta, L. Venkata Subramaniam, and Ullas Nambiar. 2011. Mining GPS data to determine interesting locations. In Proceedings of the 8th International Workshop on Information Integration on the Web: in conjunction with WWW 2011 (IIWeb ’11). ACM.
- Sonia Khetarpaul, S K Gupta, Rashmi Chauhan, SR-Match: A Novel Schema Matcher based on Semantic Relationship. In Proceedings of the 5th international conference on Information Processing ICIP 2011, Bangalore, India. Published in Communications in Computer and Information Science, vol. 157. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg.
Received IBM PhD Fellowship