Introduction to WSN, applications, and challenges.
• Understand Node and Network Architecture.
• Understand and Analyze WSN protocol stack.
• Understand and analyze MAC protocols.
• Understand Wake up strategies.
• Understand and analyze routing protocols.
• Explain clustering approaches and their applications.
• Understand various important topics: data aggregation, time synchronization, localization, topology control, node addressing,
error control, QoS.
• Examine WSN security issues.
• Laboratory classes will focus on simulating networks and various protocols; and implementing your own sensor nodes and working on them. For labs, you will be required to purchase prescribed hardware.